Photographic Competition 2017
We want this competition to be fun and a celebration of honeybees (please only honeybee pictures !!!) but every competition must have rules, so please read on ...
Terms and Conditions
1. We, The Natural Beekeeping Trust, registered charity number 1140009, are the organiser and promoter of this photographic competition,
2. The winners will be the three pictures, which, in the opinion of the judges, combines the best technical excellence along with the best interpretation of the competition theme: "Celebrating the Wildness of Honeybees" . The judges’ decision will be final, and while we love to chat, we will not enter into any correspondence concerning the final decision or the way the competition is organised. The winner will be notified within thirty days of the closing date of the competition. Did we mention this is a honeybee competition? If you can't tell you Apis Meliffera from your Bombus check this link of honeybee pictures.
3. This competition is open to anyone and is not restricted by country. Trustees of Natural Beekeeping Trust, their families or anyone else associated with this competition may enter, but their entries will not be considered for prizes. Any child under 18 will require their parent or guardian to enter on their behalf and in doing so will confirm that the organisers can exercise the rights referred to in these rules, and that the child can take up the main prizes if they are a prize winner.
4. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that competitors agree to abide by these rules. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. Entries should be submitted by web upload at this link. Image files must be 200 dpi and be less than 4MB. We regret that we are unable to accept postal or email entries.
6. All entries must be received by midnight September 1st 2017.
7. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
8. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in return for entering the competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to The Natural Beekeeping Trust to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition. Any images used will be accredited to the copyright holder. If you require a copyright mark on the picture please add one as the Natural Beekeeping Trust will not add these to pictures.
9. Up to four entries are permitted per person. Each Image must be uploaded individually via the upload form. If more than one photo makes up a combine sequenced (time-line), the sequence number should be added to each picture description eg. #1 <description> , #2 <description>. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through third parties.
10. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It is the responsibility of prize winners to notify the promoter of any import restrictions or customs notifications that apply to any prizes they win.
11. The winner’s name and county may be disclosed to anyone who emails email@example.com within one month after the published closing date, The winners may be required to take part in publicity.
12. Events may occur that render the competition itself, or the awarding of the prizes, impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the promoter and accordingly the promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the promoter as a result thereof.
13. English law applies and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts shall prevail.
Well done, you read the rules!